Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

This year's Thanksgiving is more special to me than nearly any other one.  I have enjoyed more blessings, had more fun, gained more friends, and can now see a clearer path for my great USA, with the November elections. 
Going into the Thanksgiving Holidays, I began with a trip out to Camp James E. Rudder, the home of "Florida Phase" of Army Ranger School, and some of the greatest men in the Army, the Ranger Instructors of the 6th Ranger Training Battalion.  I went into the camp with guests following me.  I led a couple of Rangers back to where they took their training years ago. One of them hadn't been back since 1966, and the other since 1988. I was proud, and privileged to help them get to see the place.

The activities of the day in the camp included parachute jumps from Blackhawk Helicopters, and a great party in "The Gator Lounge", where Rangers go to enjoy their brothers.  Another guest at the Camp was a Brigadier General, the Commandant of the Army Infantry School at Ft. Benning, BG Jones, who gave me a handshake and a coin.

After some partying, we took a break to have Thanksgiving Dinner in the camp Dining Facility, enjoying good food and some great fellowship with our Ranger Friends.


This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my newly inserted Pacemaker, for being able to win a great AR-15 Rifle at the Ranger Camp Open House 2016, and for the many new, great friends I have made over the past year.
This afternoon, I will sit with friends for another Thanksgiving Dinner, and enjoy the fellowship with them as well.
Life is good, and I am blessed with living in a country where I am free to succeed or fail, to enjoy life at its fullest, and to wake up to the greatest flag on the planet.
After dinner and some good conversation with great people, I came home and got some range time in:
If every Thanksgiving found me with as much to be thankful for, I could never complain.  Life is good and I couldn't ask for more.
A photo of one of several heroes that I have been privileged to know:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment