Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Lt/Gen H.R. McMaster, the new National Security Advisor to the President of the United States.  A great choice.
 I met MG McMaster at Camp Rudder Florida when he came to award the Silver Star Medal to a 6th Rangers, Ranger Instructor/Combat Dive Team leader; SFC Tony Fuentes. 
At the reception in the Gator Lounge, following the award ceremony, I had the pleasure of a one on one conversation with the general.  He impressed me as a dedicated warrior, (and I knew nothing about his past, his overwhelming victories in Iraq), and a man that truly "gives a damn" about his troops.
This "Superstar" didn't ride into town in a Limo, with an entourage, but rather came in his "work vehicle", a US Army Blackhawk Helicopter:


 My friend Jonn Lilyea said it best:
"The Marines have Mattis, the Army has McMaster, and now President Trump has them both."

Friends, our Nation is in good hands.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment