Monday, October 24, 2016

I am in Facebook Jail

Yep, Facebook caught me.  A year and a half ago or so, I put up an image, (that I found on facebook), of a hot air balloon.  Yes, boys and girls, an image of a hot air balloon, not nude gays in the streets of San Francisco, not topless old lady protestors with their boobs painted and swinging at their waistline.  A hot air balloon image, taken while it was flying high over New Mexico.  I suppose that someone saw it and reported it, rather than Facebook just randomly finding it, because I had not posted it for a very long time.  It was just nestled away, relaxing snugly in my albums.
This is that horrendously offensive photo:
I suppose that there are  those who cannot stand to look at something like this, and get the vapors when they see it.  We truly do have some overly sensitive people running loose in this world.  Bless their hearts.
I decided that since Facebook has decided that I am "bad", and put me in Facebook Jail for a day, that I should further punish myself in some way. I decided to make myself go outside, to my shooting range, and do a few shooting exercises.  I did 4 total.  I always start with 14 rounds in my .22 Carbine, and then keep reloading with 13 rounds each time.  I did 3 sets at 75 yards, from a kneel with the barrel rested, and then 1 set Standing, and stiffening myself with the sling.  Shooting at a target that is 6 inches in diameter, (about the size of a head), all were kill shots.
  
My .22 is a Henry Lever Action Carbine, made in the USA, and a really enjoyable plinker.
I also do quite a bit of shooting with my Bear Creek Arsenel, "Ursid II", AR-15 Carbine, chambered in .223 Wylde, able to shoot both, .223 Remington, and 5.56 MM NATO ammo. 
These weapons give me a lot of enjoyment, while maintaining my shooting proficiency.
  This punishment that I have handed myself, for putting up that terrible picture of that Hot Air Balloon, is excruciating, but I must endure it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment